Questions to Ask Yourself
Do you have trouble reading?
- following directions?
- keeping organized?
- managing your time or space?
- doing math?
- taking tests?
- taking another point of view?
Have others told you that you are lazy?
- not trying?
Would you like to meet your goals?
- have more fun learning?
- use your learning strengths?
- get more for your effort?
Then contact Melinda Pongrey, at Sisiutl!
What are some of the common symptoms of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD)?
- Difficulties focusing on what is important rather than what is irrelevant.
- Uneven performance
- Inaccurate or faulty working memory
- Test-taking difficulties
- Frequently coupled with sleep disorders
What are some of the common symptoms of Language Delays?
- Misinterpretation of what is heard or read
- Talk or write a lot but never get to the point or
- Express themselves minimally
- Difficulty with “new” learning---learning new vocabulary
- Mood difficulties---behavior problems---quick to “blow-up” especially if they have both receptive and expressive language delays
What are some of the common symptoms of Dyslexias?
- May read slowly
- Do not test up to capabilities
- Tire when they read/comprehension problems
- Spell poorly
- Some delay in language
What are some of the common symptoms of Motor Spatial Learning Differences?
- Difficulty with motor tasks / fine motor or large motor or both
- Diffuse body image / clumsiness
- Both fine/ broad motor together look like attention problems
- Fatigue easily
- Difficulty maintaining order in surrounding space
What are some of the common symptoms of Visual Spatial Learning Differences?
- Difficulty with imagery (building, amending, or mentally rotating an image or imagining what an event looks like in time and space)
- Difficulty taking another point of view
- Difficulty abstracting form—often literal thinking/seeing
- Impacts spelling, copying, drawing
- Difficulty finding their way around and/or following a map
- Difficulty understanding social cues