Another Door To Learning, by Judy Schwartz
LDOnline: Excellent site with information on wide-ranging LD topics. www.LDOnLine.org
RICHARD LAVOIE’S VIDEOS available through LDOnLine:
- HOW DIFFICULT CAN THIS BE? The F.A.T. City Workshop
- WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN…
- LEARNING DISABILITIES AND SOCIAL SKILLS---LAST ONE PICKED…FIRST ONE PICKED ON
Misunderstood Minds PBS special-check out resources
Dr. Mel Levine’s books and web site, One Mind At A Time
THINKING IN PICTURES and other reports from my life with autism, by Temple Grandin
Find out about theory and equipment at www.balametrics.com, or by calling 1-800-894-3187
ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
HEALING THE HARDWARE OF THE SOUL, HEALING ADD, and CHANGE YOUR BRAIN CHANGE YOUR LIFE, all three books and other materials by Daniel G. Amen, MD. Find out more at www.brainplace.com
Non-Verbal Learning Disorders
A very informative book to check out is THE SOURCE FOR NONVERBAL LEARNING DISORDERS, by Sue Thompson. Available through the Liguisystems web site, or by calling 1-800-776-4332.
One of the most innovative web sites concerning dyslexia is www.ldteens.com, a web site put together by dyslexic teens.
Don Winkler offers information including his own stories about living with dyslexia, available at his web site, www.CyberWink.com.
- THE GIFT OF DYSLEXIA, by Ron Davis
- BRILLIANT IDIOT: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A DYSLEXIC, by Dr. Abraham Schmitt
- IN THE MIND’S EYE: VISUAL THINKERS, GIFTED PEOPLE WITH DYSLEXIA AND OTHER LEARNING DIFFICULTIES, COMPUTER IMAGES AND THE IRONIES OF CREATIVITY, by Thomas G. West
- READING BY THE COLORS: OVERCOMING DYSLEXIA AND OTHER READING DISABILITIES THROUGH THE IRLEN METHOD by Helen Irlen, also available at her web site, www.Irlen.com.
- RECORDING FOR THE BLIND & DYSLEXIC, call 1-800-221-4792
- RECORDED BOOKS, INC K-12, available at www.recordedbooks.com, or by calling 1-800-683-1304
THE EXPLOSIVE CHILD: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, “Chronically Inflexible” Children, by Ross W. Greene, PhD.
THE BIPOLAR CHILD, by Demitri Papolos, MD This book is a good introduction to mood disorders, and Demitri's web site, www.BiPolarChild.com, has links to books, articles, and more.